VC++ 2005 vs 2008 / 2010

Started by
33 comments, last by Ravuya 14 years, 2 months ago
Quote:Why don't you simply keep using Eclipse?

Not OP, but in my experience Eclipse CDT is buggy and slow, and it eats a lot of memory. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. That was about six months ago, however, and I suppose it could have been an older version. Maybe it's been fixed by now.
Advertisement
Hi Antheus,

Quote: VC++ *is not* a language. VC++ doesn't exist. There is Microsoft Visual Studio, which is an IDE centric collection of development tools. It comes with C#, C, C++ and several more compilers along with .Net framework. There is no such thing as VC++.

VC++ is a package compiler & IDE, I refer to them as 1. I know that Visual Studio contains several languages. I used to work for Microsoft & own Visual Studio 2003 & 2005.

Quote:Visual Studio has nothing to do with threading, networking, I/O or garbage collection

I know that.

Quote: No. OpenGL is C.

I know that I use it

Quote: And it is not possible to access hardware APIs through C++ either, at least not on most OSes. Under Windows, it is accessed via HAL, which represents several layers of abstractions, commonly exposed via either OpenGL or DirectX libraries.

I meant the libraries

Quote: I would be careful of judging others while using "VC++" to back your claims. There is also no ANSI C++.

I’m not judging others. Where have I done that. I’m saying that in my optinion VC++ 2005 is not a productive tool.

Quote: The opinions expressed here are those of ctrl-space coder

Who doesn’t use Ctrl-space!? What are you talking about!!! You still coding on your Commadore 64?

Reject the basic asumption of civialisation especially the importance of material possessions
Quote:Original post by Cacks
Quote:Absolutes are rarely reasonable

I’m pretty sure I’m right in this case though

Except that you're not, because there are plenty of people who *actually are* more productive in C++, using Visual C++, for certain types of tasks than they are in other languages. This discussion should be over. You're not right. That's it.
So, is the improved VSC++ 2010 intellisense anywhere close to how good it is in C#? Been doing C# for the past 2 years and the intellisense almost writes code for you. =)
This thread went way off-topic.

Closed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement