DX resolution issue

Started by
3 comments, last by eldee 22 years, 8 months ago
anybody know how to restore the desktop resolution properly on exiting a low-res exlusive dx window? for example, i''m running 1024x768 on my geforce 2.. i open my tiling engine that im working on that''s 640x480.. it runs great.. so i exit.. next thing you know all my windows are minimized (well, not "minimized", but not maximized like they were before the program started.. even though i''m restored at 1024 res). any ideas? -eldee ;another space monkey;
-eldee;another space monkey;[ Forced Evolution Studios ]
Advertisement
ya i was having the same problem.
now I don''t maximize vc++.
I just drag the edges of the vc++ window to the edges of the screen.
then when my app exits vc++ isnt "minimized" in the top corner.
I've never heard of that problem before, but I suppose you could call the GetSystemMetrics function to record the height and width before you create your surface.

Nah.... nevermind. I doubt my solution would help. Once you shrink the res, I don't think there's any turning back. I have the same problem, but I just ignore it.

-Forcas

"Elvis is alive. He is Barney the purple dinosaur. He is the pied piper that leads our children into the wages of sin and eternal damnation."

Edited by - Forcas on August 1, 2001 7:51:48 PM
-Forcaswriteln("Does this actually work?");
Doesn''t happen to me. I usually make my games allow the user to choose the game''s resolution. That way, the user could choose to set the resolution to his current resolution so that that wouldn''t happen. I''ve heard about a lot of games doing this though, including professional ones. Not much you can do.
well, that would fix the problem for sure.. but a 32x32 pixel tile would look mighty crappy at 1920x1440 res.. know what i mean?

-eldee
;another space monkey;
-eldee;another space monkey;[ Forced Evolution Studios ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement