Sign in to follow this  
VBStrider

MySQL Process Shutdown Priority

VBStrider    303
What is the shutdown priority for MySQL's server process on Windows? I setup one of my game servers as a service, but I need to ensure that it has a higher shutdown priority than MySQL, otherwise character data could become lost when the computer is restarted. I have not found any tools that allow me to view the current shutdown priority of a process. I asked in the #mysql channel on Freenode, but no on in there knew the answer.

Kylotan    10007
Why not just set your gameserver as having the highest possible shutdown priority? If no other service depends on your game server then this would seem a reasonable decision.

VBStrider    303
Because I don't know if the MySQL server is also at that priority. Unlikely, yes, but possible.

I am currently looking into the possibility of having the game server start the MySQL server if it is down. I don't know if the OS will allow me to do this while it is shutting down though...

Edit: I have decided that getting this to work well will take too long, so the server won't be running as a service. I may come back to this at some point in the future.

[Edited by - VBStrider on February 17, 2010 11:13:45 AM]