Euphoria to C++?

Started by
2 comments, last by Daaark 14 years, 2 months ago
Is there any disadvantages to writing code in Euphoria and then translating it from C to C++? I heard this can make writing a program faster and that Euphoria is very easy to learn. Will this hinder future projects when I eventually go into OOP?
Advertisement
Sounds about as advantageous as writing a book in Japanese, then translating it to Portuguese and finally making the English copy.

If you want an easy programming language, you should use something that is more widely supported with learning material and etc... I last checked in on that languages 10 years ago when it was someone's hobby project, and I'm surprised it's still around. They still list a DOS graphics library as a major feature? That OS has been dead for 15 years!

I suggest C# or Python. Easy to use and tons of support. That way, if you hit a stumbling point, you can ask questions and actually get answers.
It sounds like a waste of time. The language appears to be ancient and crufty, boasting features that ceased being relevant years ago. There are better options out there for first programming languages (such as C# or Python).

I don't believe those claims you heard either, that sounds like marketing BS to me.
I only ever bothered with Euphoria because in 1997 I had a choice between Qbasic.exe, and whatever was uploaded to the local BBS systems at the time. I found Euphoria uploaded there and messed around with it for awhile.

I dropped it quickly, and went back to QBasic.exe (as opposed to QuickBasic), and became a much better programmer with it. Then when I got on the net, I picked up some free C compilers and libraries that were actually worthwhile to learn.

Not bashing Euphoria. But it's one man's hobby project. Has no reason to exist beyond that. Learning it will be mostly a dead end.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement