Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

for the users of the Gnu Linker

This topic is 5979 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi , I´m having problems using the Gnu linker Let´s say for example that we have three files to think about , MainFile.c , f2.h , f2.c The MainFile uses functions declared in f2.h , and also uses some printf´s , for example MainFile.c #include #include "f2.h" int main() { int x; x = FuncImplementedInF2C(); printf("%i",x); } Then I compile MainFile.c and f2.c , that generate MainFile.o and f2.o, and then when I try to link I use : ld -o Prog.exe MainFile.o f2.o -lc The final -lc represents that I´m using the libc.a library , that has the implementation of printf , but when I try this I got lots of undefined references for the stranger files ever . Does anyone now how to use ld properly ? Even when I take off the printf´s and try to link I receive the warning :cannot find entry symbol start. There is a Prog.exe generated but when I try to run it , the DOS window is shutdown and windows says that a illegal operation has ocurred. Can anyone help me on this one?