• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
alnite

[web] User-friendly interface to a MySQL database?

This topic is 3019 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am developing a website for a friend of mine who is a real estate agent. She has no clue at all about computers other than email and web browsing, so this got me thinking how I can make it easy for her to add/remove listings from her website without having to deal with the database directly. I am using PHP/AJAX/MySQL combo. What are the options do you guys recommend?

Advertisement
Make a PHP form that allows you to view rows in the DB (paginated), delete rows, and a form for creating/editing rows.
Most PHP frameworks should have libraries to make forms, queries and pagination easy to code.

A web-app that requires it's users to manually modify a database (rather than providing an interface to do so) isn't really a web-app.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!