• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

PS3 Dualshock controller and DirectInput

This topic is 2920 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, Does anybody here already tried to use a DualShock 3 pad with DirectInput ? Is there any good tutorial available on the web that describe the right procedure to configure the DIDATAFORMAT used by DirectInput with a ps3 controller ? Any help, hints are welcome. Thanks for your help Clement

Advertisement
Dunno if this helps: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/mcpp/wiredps3axis.aspx

Okay, i'm back after a few days of investigation.

Actually i'm able to find the PS3 controller as a DirectInput device, and to enumerate over all of it's objects...

The next step is to setup the right DIDATAFORMAT, which seam to be a quiet complicated task.

The DX SDK doc is really light when it come to use custom DIDATAFORMAT.
There is some articles over the web that talk about that, i will investigate them,
but if anybody already experienced such a problem and can share his experience, it could save me a lot of time.

Thanks a lot.

Clément

I can use both analog sticks. Once you get one you already have access to the others information as well. Y is left up/down. X is left left/right. Z is right up/down. Zrot is right left/right.

I don't use a DIDATAFORMAT. Instead I have a DIJOYSTATE2.

Once I enumerate the objects and joysticks I then have access to the DIJOYSTATE2 data. I put the .lY, .lX, .lZ and .lRz in functions and that's it.

Once your done you could put in a dead zone to make it work better.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement