Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seamonkey_1

Yet anouther dev C++ prob (sigh)plz help......

seamonkey_1    122
I''m getting this linker problem, its a refernce prob I believe. This is code that I took directly from begining D3d game programming by Wolfgang Engel. Here''s the error: ---------------------------------------------------------------- c:\dev-c++\onemore3dtest.o(.text+0x2e):onemore3dtest.: undefined reference to `CD3DApplication::Create(HINSTANCE__ *)'' c:\dev-c++\onemore3dtest.o(.text+0x4b):onemore3dtest.: undefined reference to `CD3DApplication::Run(void)'' c:\dev-c++\onemore3dtest.o(.text+0x73):onemore3dtest.: undefined reference to `CD3DApplication::CD3DApplication(void)'' c:\dev-c++\onemore3dtest.o(.data$__vt_17CMyD3DApplication+0x8):onemore3dtest.: undefined reference to `CD3DApplication::AdjustWindowForChange(void)'' c:\dev-c++\onemore3dtest.o(.data$__vt_17CMyD3DApplication+0x30):onemore3dtest.: undefined reference to `CD3DApplication::Create(HINSTANCE__ *)'' c:\dev-c++\onemore3dtest.o(.data$__vt_17CMyD3DApplication+0x34):onemore3dtest.: undefined reference to `CD3DApplication::Run(void)'' c:\dev-c++\onemore3dtest.o(.data$__vt_17CMyD3DApplication+0x38):onemore3dtest.: undefined reference to `CD3DApplication::MsgProc(HWND__ *, unsigned int, unsigned int, long)'' c:\dev-c++\onemore3dtest.o(.data$__vt_17CMyD3DApplication+0x3c):onemore3dtest.: undefined reference to `CD3DApplication:ause(int)'' --------------------------------------------------------------- I''ve done -fvtable-thunks thang and I''ve included these libaries..... -ld3d8 -ld3dx8d -lddraw -ld3dxof -ld3dxof -ld3d8 -lwinmm -ldxguid -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lwinspool -lcomdlg32 -ladvapi32 -lshell32 ....hopefully ya can help me

Zenroth    127
Dont know how much this will help, but thoose dont look like directx errors or linker problems to me. They look like window problems, or class problems.

Are you sure your including all the source/header files, undefined refernce generally means the compiler doesnt know about the function. Which usally means that it being used before its been declared, or your missing a source file.

Edited by - zenroth on August 1, 2001 10:59:03 PM

Cyberdrek    100
quote:
Original post by seamonkey_1
I''m getting this linker problem, its a refernce prob I believe. This is code that I took directly from begining D3d game programming by Wolfgang Engel. Here''s the error:
----------------------------------------------------------------

c:\dev-c++\onemore3dtest.o(.text+0x2e):onemore3dtest.: undefined reference to `CD3DApplication::Create(HINSTANCE__ *)''
c:\dev-c++\onemore3dtest.o(.text+0x4b):onemore3dtest.: undefined reference to `CD3DApplication::Run(void)''
c:\dev-c++\onemore3dtest.o(.text+0x73):onemore3dtest.: undefined reference to `CD3DApplication::CD3DApplication(void)''
c:\dev-c++\onemore3dtest.o(.data$__vt_17CMyD3DApplication+0x8):onemore3dtest.: undefined reference to `CD3DApplication::AdjustWindowForChange(void)''
c:\dev-c++\onemore3dtest.o(.data$__vt_17CMyD3DApplication+0x30):onemore3dtest.: undefined reference to `CD3DApplication::Create(HINSTANCE__ *)''
c:\dev-c++\onemore3dtest.o(.data$__vt_17CMyD3DApplication+0x34):onemore3dtest.: undefined reference to `CD3DApplication::Run(void)''
c:\dev-c++\onemore3dtest.o(.data$__vt_17CMyD3DApplication+0x38):onemore3dtest.: undefined reference to `CD3DApplication::MsgProc(HWND__ *, unsigned int, unsigned int, long)''
c:\dev-c++\onemore3dtest.o(.data$__vt_17CMyD3DApplication+0x3c):onemore3dtest.: undefined reference to `CD3DApplication:ause(int)''

---------------------------------------------------------------

I''ve done -fvtable-thunks thang and I''ve included these libaries.....

-ld3d8 -ld3dx8d -lddraw -ld3dxof -ld3dxof -ld3d8 -lwinmm -ldxguid -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lwinspool -lcomdlg32 -ladvapi32 -lshell32

....hopefully ya can help me

How odd, looks to me like you''re trying to use the CDX wrapper to access DX. I''m not sure. Try to give more details...

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek
Headhunter Soft
A division of DLC Multimedia

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!

"gitty up" -- Kramer