Is the the right choice?

Started by
5 comments, last by Cromulent 14 years, 2 months ago
I'm working on a 3D cad application which is heavy on graphics and requires a lot of processing horse power. The team is considering different options right now, one of them is using C# and XNA for graphics. AFAIK XNA is more suited for single window game framework...what do you think experts here? Is it the right choice? No portability is desired. Our only platform is MS Windows.
Advertisement
While it might well work you'd probably be better off with the flexibility that SlimDX brings you rather than go with XNA which somewhat restricts things when it comes to a non-game application.
What about continuous support, stability and reliability of SlimDX vs. XNA?

Does C# perform well on CPU for heavy computations and complex data structures?

Quote:Original post by Sambori
I'm working on a 3D cad application which is heavy on graphics and requires a lot of processing horse power.

The obvious question first: why are you not using one of 3D CAD systems. They are all absurdly extensible.
Never heard of 3D cad systems. What are they?
C# is the language of choice, and we are looking for graphics alternatives...it seems that these 3D cad engines are only available to C++. Please read my question well before you throw an answer. ;)

Quote:Original post by Sambori
C# is the language of choice, and we are looking for graphics alternatives...it seems that these 3D cad engines are only available to C++. Please read my question well before you throw an answer. ;)

Your only real options for C# are SlimDX or OpenTK.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement