SlimDX audio, newb

Started by
12 comments, last by FenixRoA 14 years, 2 months ago
My guess is that it doesn't like your WaveFormat, but I don't know for sure. The DirectX documentation doesn't say much about this particular method.
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX
Advertisement
Does anyone know what the restrictions on waveformats are then? Or maybe you know a safe one to use that will work in my case?
Looking at it, I think that you need to multiply your BlockAlignment by 2, in which case your AverageBytesPerSecond does't need to be multiplied by Channels anymore. From the DirectX documentation for WAVEFORMATEX:

Quote:Block alignment, in bytes. The block alignment is the minimum atomic unit of data for the wFormatTag format type. If wFormatTag is WAVE_FORMAT_PCM or WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE, nBlockAlign must be equal to the product of nChannels and wBitsPerSample divided by 8 (bits per byte).
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX
That did it!

I cannot express how happy it makes me that it now works (although I still haven't gone through the output).

However I'm still unhappy with my DX problem. Does anyone know of a good way to check if my DX is running in debug mode from my program?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement