OpenGL 3.2/ATI Radeon Hardware/Invalid Operation Errors

Started by
1 comment, last by coordz 14 years, 1 month ago
So I was under the impression that OpenGL 3.2 works on new Radeon architecture (5700s, 5800s etc). This should be reinforced by the fact that GPU Caps Viewer tells me I can handle Core 3.2 and GLSL 1.5. Now, the problem is that right now I'm getting some very bizarre errors that I know for a fact work on nVidia hardware. The error is with glVertexAttribPointer(). It's an invalid operation error. And what's more annoying is that the OpenGL documentation mentions nothing of this error! Is there anyone here who could enlighten me what this error means for this method? And if there are any issues with ATI, OGL3.2 and this method? Also - I'm getting invalid operation errors on glDrawArrays() - any ideas with that? Thanks.
Advertisement
It is unlikely anyone can help you unless you post the relevant code sections that are causing errors.
[size=2]My Projects:
[size=2]Portfolio Map for Android - Free Visual Portfolio Tracker
[size=2]Electron Flux for Android - Free Puzzle/Logic Game
Quote:Original post by karwosts
It is unlikely anyone can help you unless you post the relevant code sections that are causing errors.

Agreed. I also suggest you upgrade to the latest drivers. I think GL 3.2 was only introduced in ATI's drivers in December 2009 so there could still be wrinkles being ironed out.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement