Spell based transport as alt to loot haul

Started by
13 comments, last by Dasha 14 years, 2 months ago
Thank you, Talroth! some one who seems to get the motivation behind this. Hauling 300 pounds of armour back from a cave is absurd and completely outside the role of a hero, not to mention tedious and even immersion breaking. My original plan was to do away with it entirely but I've realized there are times I may want to transport over sized items and needed a believable way of doing it.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Talroth
Quote:Original post by sunandshadow
If you're worried about the annoyance of forcing players to return to town too often, wither give them the ability to teleport there or give them a nice big inventory, problem solved.

Or here is a radical idea:

Do away with the desire to "Loot and dump".

Think about it. Is your character a great warrior? Or some battle field scavenger?

Since I don't personally have any interest in being a great warrior, I usually think of my character as a hunter (of the type who sells the furs and horns for a living). Killing monsters is a boring job, but I like being able to craft the bits into something.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Personally, I've always liked leaving loot caches around the world when I acquire too much stuff (non multi-player online settings). Every now and then it'd save my butt as I've depleted my equipment. I know that all I have to do is just make it to that one spot, and I'm ok. Teleporting myself or my stuff any time I see fit takes that bit of suspense and planning away. The only times I'm really hauling a lot of junk is when I'm trying to collect trophies of some kind to show off in my house. Otherwise, I'm very happy to leave things places.
Kseh, that would still be possible. Im only thinking of teleporting items to the destination. Not summoning them back at will. You have to cast the spell on the item you want to teleport, so you have to be there.
Quote:Original post by kseh... Teleporting myself or my stuff any time I see fit takes that bit of suspense and planning away. ...

That. I completely agree with this. I personally would much rather haul loot and have to protect it on the way back(or hide it in the area) than teleport it. Though if I am given the option to teleport, obviously I am going to take the easy way out. I personally am not a fan of dumbing down games. Most mmo's are already simple enough.

I think your system would appeal most to casual gamers.

My current game: MMORPGRTSFPSRLG. Read: Some sort of mmorpg with a special something that will make everyone want to play but I wont tell you what it is.

Team Openings: None

For serious though, my goal is to create a MMO. What kind? Not sure yet. MMO games are my passion and it's a goal of mine to change the industry for the better. Do I know it's an unrealistic goal? Yes. Do I care? Heck no.

If you ever need someone to bounce ideas off of, feel free to contact me.

--------------------------Hail New^Internet

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement