Qantm College?

Started by
2 comments, last by way2lazy2care 14 years, 1 month ago
Hello guys, So my dream job is to work in the games industry as a game programmer, I am fully commited to this and have started to learn python and hopefully move on to C++ once i am half decent with python.I am in my last year of school and i am in the process of looking for colleges. I thought about going to college to do my A levels in Maths and Physics to help me get into university to do a computer science degree, but i am likely to get a grade C in my GCSE's for maths and science, but i found Qantm college in london which is a pirvate school for Game design and development and i was thinking on doing a game design + development course, but will i be at any disadvantage when applying for a job as a programmer when other applicants have degrees in computer science? Link: http://london.qantm.com/en-gb/course/3470/Game_Design_+_Development_Diploma_Details_-_Full_Time [Edited by - kane1993x on February 18, 2010 4:16:20 PM]
Advertisement
1. Don't bother with that question. If you've made a proper decision process and decided this is the school for you, then that's what matters.
View Forum FAQ (above).
2. Nobody can foretell your future. Ask your question in a way that will get you the answer you really need.
3. This is a Breaking In question, so this is moved.

NOTE: OP edited his post, removing the numbered questions. Numbered items above refer to OP's original (pre-edit) post.

[Edited by - Tom Sloper on February 19, 2010 10:40:55 AM]

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Quote:Original post by kane1993x
will i be at any disadvantage when applying for a job as a programmer when other applicants have degrees in computer science?

Maybe. Some games companies can be picky about the education background of their applicants. The other question is what happens if you decide you want/need to apply for a job outside the industry. Will this qualification be recognised?

Ask about the employment rate of the course, what jobs they got and how long did they take. If they have links to their portfolios, even better.

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

If programming is what you want to do, you should probably have a decent math background. How you go about it is entirely up to you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement