anyone use lite-c?

Started by
7 comments, last by mikesgames 14 years, 1 month ago
i do. i only just got it last week. i understand most of the basic stuff. but not enough to make a whole game. can anyone help?
Advertisement
We can probably help you with specific problems you have, but such general questions don't lend themselves to an answer. If you have never written games before, start simple, write some text based games to get a feel for the language.
ok. i will post something that could be helped. i am making a basic physics game using lite-c and i do not know how to make the characters fall randomly, not just straight down. i will post screenshots when i have finished a test level.

whenever the fall they just drop and land standing up. i want them to fall like in the game totem destroyer. i have tried a code but it is just bugged all the way through.

any help?
Rag doll physics are independant of your langauge of choice (unless this lite-c is limited in some way).

I would say that it takes time to build up this kind of knowledge. Putting rag-doll physics into one of your first games is a little ambitious.
so you are sayin that i should put the game on hold until i have learned enough of the basic physics?
I think what rip-off was trying to tell you is that you should start with something small you can accomplish and then work up to more difficult things. This doesn't mean you shouldn't attempt something challenging, just that the challenge should be relative to your current development as a programmer.
The 3D Game Studio language? I've dabbled with it and have the extended edition (can't use shaders).
Lite-C is tied closely to 3D Game Studio (in contrast to the other C-derivated languages of "general interest"), so I think you'll be best served by their own forums.
the reason why i came here as well is because 3DGS also can use c++ and delphi and other script languages.

i have decided to do the lit-c workshops and i will start on a more easy project. for now i will focus on the workshop and afterwards i will work on a basic game.

thanks for the help guys xP

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement