Installing Microsoft's "Application Verifier" on Windows 7

Started by
1 comment, last by Red Ant 14 years, 1 month ago
Does anyone get that to work? I've previously installed it on Windows XP with no problems, but I can't get it to install on Windows 7 (64 bit version). When I try the "ApplicationVerifier.x86.msi" installer, I get an error message saying "This package cannot be installed on 64-bit windows. Use the package for 64-bit windows which installs both 32-bit and 64-bit Appverifier." Fine, so I tried the "ApplicationVerifier.ia64.msi" installer. Unfortunately it too gives me an error message "Dieses Installationspaket wird auf dieser Plattform nicht unterstützt. Wenden Sie sich an Hersteller des Produkts." (This installation package is not supported on this platform. Contact the manufacturer of the product.) Microsoft's documentation claims that AppVerifier is compatible with Windows 7. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd371695%28VS.85%29.aspx "Clients - Windows XP | Windows Vista | Windows 7" What to do, what to do? :-(
Advertisement
You don't want the ia64 one which is for Intel Itanium processors I believe.

Despite the name (if you're not on an AMD processor) try the ApplicationVerifier.amd64.msi package
Yep, that works. Gee, I feel stupid now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement