What would cause an app to stay in the task manager after it is destroyed?

Started by
3 comments, last by taby 14 years, 1 month ago
Some weird behaviour is happening in one of my apps. All it is, is an app that creates a window, and calls postquitmessage() when ever WM_DESTROY or WM_CLOSE are found. The weird thing is the app closes just fine, except it still is running. It's in task manager still, so it must be staying alive some how. I've googled and just can't find anyone else with this happening to them.
[ dev journal ]
[ current projects' videos ]
[ Zolo Project ]
I'm not mean, I just like to get to the point.
Advertisement
This thread may be relevant. However, if that's all your program does, then it's probably easier to just post your code than to have us speculate.
Are you multithreading?
Quote:Original post by KrazeIke
This thread may be relevant. However, if that's all your program does, then it's probably easier to just post your code than having us speculate.

Thank you. that post was very hepful. I changed peekmessage, so that I passed a NULL handle instead and it works like normal now, weird thing is the exact same code in a different project doesn't give the same results?? I would post the code but it's split into different classes and might be hard to read for something so short.
[ dev journal ]
[ current projects' videos ]
[ Zolo Project ]
I'm not mean, I just like to get to the point.
I assume you're returning a value of 0 after calling PostQuitMessage().

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement