Sign in to follow this  
Ntvu

My mouse is broken, I can't right click

Alright so here's what happened. Yesterday night I accidentally dropped my Logitech mouse on the floor while I was using the computer. I tried to use it again as usual but the right mouse button wasn't functioning. Everything else works fine though. I think that the right mouse button is jammed in or something because I can't even press down on it anymore. Also when I shake the mouse, I hear a little rattling sound coming from inside, so I guess some of the smaller components from inside came loose. I don't think I'll be able to fix the mouse (but please feel free to give me suggestions) however I need to be able to right-click again. Are there any settings that I can alter in the Control Panel that will assign right-clicks to a different mouse command?

Since you'll probably have to buy a new one if you don't fix it, try taking it apart.

They're surprisingly simple inside and it should be pretty obvious if there's some jammed plastic (usually fixes itself as you try to take it apart), broken plastic (try using epoxy to repair it), snapped off button hardware (solder it back to the board) or something permanently damaged.

The screw holes are typically hidden by the little teflon pads on the underside, and sometimes inside the battery compartment (if applicable).

If you carefully remove the teflon feet you can often put them back on without much permanent damage.

There's nothing else really inside a mouse to prevent you from getting at the important bits.