Sign in to follow this  

Shrinking sprites...

This topic is 2841 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I've got a problem with my sprites. They are not drawn at the real size: http://i46.tinypic.com/dlsymp.jpg As you see, the [w]tech logo is shrinked, but the Text (ID3DX10Font)and the Mesh are drawn correctly!

You can use sprite->SetTransform(someScaleMatrix) to make it bigger. Note, that scale will also scale the position at which it is drawn. You'll have to compensate for the scale by changing the position vector in the sprite->Draw() call.

I have somewhat a similar problem...

The 3D model I load is quite big in dimensions so I tried following two things:
(i) I translated the model to Z = 30000.0 f i.e. quite far on Z-axis so I could see it completely. It looks perfect when I do it like that!
(ii) The other way is to scale it. But when I scale it down, I can stil see it completely but then the lighting make problems. The whole 3D model starts looking almost white and if I change the direction of light it becomes very dark.

Isn't it possible to scale down the 3D model and making it look like similar as if it was placed on Z = 30000.0 f ???

Thanks,

Ahmed H.
CTH - SWE

This topic is 2841 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.