Development sites?

Started by
4 comments, last by Tom Sloper 14 years, 1 month ago
I’d like to create a website to help promote and manage the development of a game project. I’d like it to work functionally as an interactive design document for developers and be aesthetically pleasing enough to draw interest and explain the projects concept. Aesthetics I can handle, but I’m having trouble deciding how to best organize the content. Anyone know of any well-made game development sites? I’d like to find some to reference, but I having trouble finding a site similar to what I’m building. Thanks
Advertisement
Afraid I don't know of any that do what you describe. Most game web sites are used to promote the game, rather than as an online design doc. I expect some developers have intranets for the purpose of developer discussion/reference but most of those are internal and not made public.
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk
Quote:Original post by GninjaGnome
I’d like to create a website to help promote and manage the development of a game project.

Going out on a limb, you have one project in particular in mind, I suppose...

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

designerwatts might be something you'd want to look into.
Quote:Original post by Obscure
Afraid I don't know of any that do what you describe. Most game web sites are used to promote the game, rather than as an online design doc. I expect some developers have intranets for the purpose of developer discussion/reference but most of those are internal and not made public.

I was afraid of that. Although it does makes sense for developers to be a bit cautious with their IP.
Thanks

Quote:Original post by Tom Sloper
I’d like to create a website to help promote and manage the development of a game project.

Yes, It’s for a project that I’m, working on.

I plan to create game assets and design the environment where they exist. Then work with others to create a series of games from different genres using the same models and themes.

I’d like the site to showcase the work that’s done and serve as a visual reference for the various assets. Also, the site needs to incorporate a solid team building and management system as well as the tools needed for effective communication and pipeline production.

..hell, just writing that down helped a bit. :)

BTW: Your site has been a big help. Thank you

Quote:Original post by Mussi
designerwatts might be something you'd want to look into.

Not exactly what I’m looking for, but that site is a good reference.
Thank you
Quote:Original post by Tom Sloper

Yes, It’s for a project that I’m, working on.

Why don't you just have your teammates brainstorm and collaborate with you on what would work best for your team?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement