Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

benwatt

Delphi 6 Personal Edition Download

Hi, In case you aren''t aware, Delphi 6 Personal Edition can now be downloaded from www.borland.com/delphi/personal At 140MB, it''s a large download but it''s probably worth it. No doubt there will be problems over the next few days downloading it (as was the case with Kylix last week), as everyone tries to get their hands on it ;-) Enjoy, Ben Watt Ye Olde Delphi Game Developer www.delphigamedev.com

Are you allowed to distribute or sell applications built with the personal edition?

{Sorry but I've never used a personal edition before}

Edited by - Xorcist on August 2, 2001 12:20:21 AM

Hi,

The download of Delphi 6 Personal (and indeed the version you can buy) are for Non-Commercial distribution only. So, you can release your applications as long as you don''t take any money for them, and you don''t have to include source code with it if you don''t want to.

Ben Watt
www.delphigamedev.com

I think it''s great. I got my serial and activation keys yesterday. I''m gonna download at work today. I''ve been wanting to learn Delphi as I come from a VB background.

Anybody know some real good general tutorials on the net to start with?

BeS
It''s Da BOMB Baby!!!
. o O ~
A little nonsense now and then,
is relished by the wisest men
~ O o .
-- Willy Wonka

Hi,

If you''re looking for tutorials on games programming in Delphi starting from a complete beginner''s point of view, then my site, delphigamedev.com would be a good start. It''ll be relaunched hopefully in the next couple of days but for the moment you''ll have to handle the ''tasteful'' colours of its current look ;-)

Ben Watt
www.delphigamedev.com

quote:
Original post by benwatt
Hi,

If you''re looking for tutorials on games programming in Delphi starting from a complete beginner''s point of view, then my site, delphigamedev.com would be a good start. It''ll be relaunched hopefully in the next couple of days but for the moment you''ll have to handle the ''tasteful'' colours of its current look ;-)

Ben Watt
www.delphigamedev.com

How about just DEV instead of gamedev?

BeS
It''s Da BOMB Baby!!!
. o O ~
A little nonsense now and then,
is relished by the wisest men
~ O o .
-- Willy Wonka

I don''t know of any off hand. Books such as the Delphi 5 Developer''s Guide are excellent. You''ll learn a lot though about Delphi in general by following the tutorials at delphigamedev.com because it covers some of the different components in Delphi and how to add and use them :-) .

Hope that helps,
Ben Watt
www.delphigamedev.com