Sign in to follow this  
WindScar

[C++] What library fill those needs?

I need a library just for 3d geometry math stuff. I need: 2d/3d vectors, lines/polygons/polyhedrons intersections, quaternion rotations, 3d projection in a screen, etc. No scene management, cloth, physics nor anything like that. Just the basic "3d math" stuff. I'm asking because I didn't find anything like that in the fix topic. Suggestions? EDIT: for C++. [Edited by - WindScar on February 21, 2010 11:43:03 PM]

EDIT: Thanks, that's almost perfect, though some functions like lines/polygons/polyhedrons and intersections support.
NOTE: that site's design is genious. Seriously.

[Edited by - WindScar on February 22, 2010 12:49:50 AM]

Quote:
Thanks, that's almost perfect, though some functions like intersections are lacking.
Yeah, collision detection and intersection testing are outside the scope of the CML (collision detection is a large area by itself, and IMO it would be somewhat difficult to shoehorn something like that into a general-purpose math library like the CML).

What do you need the functionality for? It might be that there's an existing collision detection or physics library that would meet your needs.

Also, here are some other math libraries you could take a look at:

- Eigen (not sure what it includes in the way of intersection testing).

- IIRC, Bullet comes with a math library that can be used freely.

- There's a lot of code available at geometrictools.com, including both math library code and intersection testing code.

Quote:
Original post by grhodes_at_work
I kind of like the Geometric Tools stuff since it is templated and can be used single precision or double precision.
For what it's worth, that's true of the other libraries mentioned in the thread as well (with the possible exception of the library that comes with Bullet, which I believe is float-only).