Debugging Hell???

Started by
1 comment, last by michaweyel 14 years, 1 month ago
I've been working on my second game ever (yaaay!!) which is a 3D Tetris game. Being not very good at error catching, setting debugging libraries and using exceptions, i ignored it. And now, with over 500 lines of code (not much, i know.. but the game is simple and is only 2/3 complete) finding all the bugs is taking FOREVER (Took me 20 minutes to figure out why my game crashes: I have been loading models with this name: L"Block1" instead of L"block1.x" which is the correct name) Anyway, i don't feel like going back through all my code and adding debugging code, but there is no way i won't do that for my next game. I've tried to google some tutorials about how to use the visual c++ debugger efficiently, but all the ones i got were crap, so can someone give me a link to a good tutorial or article i can use? Thank you :)
"Spending your life waiting for the messiah to come save the world is like waiting around for the straight piece to come in Tetris...even if it comes, by that time you've accumulated a mountain of shit so high that you're fucked no matter what you do. "
Advertisement
Clicky
Coding with error checking, structuring code so that it is easily debugable and knowing how to use a debugger are basically different things.

But yeah, for what you were asking, mattd's link is a very nice article :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement