Sign in to follow this  

Stuck up

This topic is 2851 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I've been programming for over 3 years, and am currently in sophomore year of a CS program. I got into game development about an years ago, and have programmed 3-4 simple 2D games using allegro in c++ and pygame in python. Recently I've decided to start using proper game engines (like torque, udk, etc) to start making 3D games. I'm basically interested in the gameplay programming part and not in engine creation. Would you advise me to jump into using engines, or should I work on more simple (2D) games for now? I'm really confused about this, as I've tried using engines a couple of times so far(soya3d and udk), and have got stuck up both times. Also, I sort of got involved in a startup in my college which involved using udk. Is it wise to get into a startup at this stage?

Have you considered modding an existing game? There is a lot of material on the internet for creating mods for certain popular games.

Quote:

Also, I sort of got involved in a startup in my college which involved using udk. Is it wise to get into a startup at this stage?

Without experience, it will probably fail. But you'll probably learn lots. Just don't invest any money you don't mind losing, or don't expect any payment for your work. If there are experienced members of the team you might be in luck.

This topic is 2851 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.