will a bizer patch work ?

Started by
7 comments, last by Buttacup 14 years, 1 month ago
this is a real head eck i need a chamferbox whit multiple buttons on the sides buttons are "smothed" and placed iregulari over the sides now i need to bend the hole object in some direction on some axis i think whit beizer patches it will not work or i not realy save anything in comparison to singel triangles my problem is lets say i have this --- ||| __- | || so the first row is 3 patches the 2. 2 pathces now if i bend this i think i will get holes betwean the 2 rows ?! if some one tells me how to place images here i coud show better what i mean
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Discard_One
eck

What is an "eck"?

Quote:chamferbox

What is a "chamferbox"?

Quote:whit, smothed, iregulari, hole, realy, singel, pathces, betwean, some one

-> with, smoothed, irregularly, whole, really, single, patches, between, someone

You might want to consult a dictionary more regularly. There are many free dictionaries online in the web.

Quote:bizer, beizer

His name is Bézier, Pierre Étienne Bézier.

Quote:my problem is lets say i have this

---
|||
__-
| ||

My problem is I don't understand that sketch, and that you write all lowercase, and that you don't use punctuation at all, with one single exception.

Quote:if some one tells me how to place images here i coud show better what i mean

You know what FAQs are, right? FAQ on tags.
description of your image

sorry my bad writing but writing is realy hard to me :(

first picture is illustrating a chamferbox at least thats how its called in 3dsmax

next one is how it shoud by bend in this case on the Z axis but coud by any
the edges are curently not made in this version

next pic shows 10 triangles

woud they by beizer quads and i woud bend this on the Z axis
i am afraid i woud get gaps betwean the 2 rows

the 4. pic shows a simplyfied 2d view how a button shoud look from the side

on each side coud by any amount of buttons whit any size

i try to figure out how to construct this object

[Edited by - Discard_One on February 23, 2010 9:54:17 PM]
Are you talking about modeling it in 3ds max? If so then this is the wrong forum.

If you're talking about using bezier patches in directx, well I think they used to have support for that (in DirectX 9 something) but its got deprecated. However, according to the real-time rendering page, "Triangle and quad surface patches are primitives in Direct3D 11"

Also I am not very sure on this one, but I think GPU Gems 2 has an article about how to do subdivision surfaces in DirectX 10. However, I never really read the entire article to find out.
"WARNING: Excessive exposure to politicians and other bureaucrats has been linked to aggressive behavior." - Henk Hopla
coud i i woud pre model it

but as said the buttons can by any where of any size
so i woud need an endless amount of pre made meshes
(both 3d meshes are created whit shaders the 1. in a cumpute shader point by point the second half in compute half in geometri shader
this just by the side)

beizer pathces are deprecated ?
the hoole tesselation is build on them if i am not absolutly totaly wrong !?!?

sundivision is also not the problem at least i dont think so

by the beizer patches where i am unsure is
if i hawing the set up like shown in the pic
2 row, in the first 6 triangles, in the second 4
woud i "bend" this like i did in the right top of the pic
i woud get gaps betwean the 2 rows

curently the only way i see is to have equal sided triangles
to prevent this

in theory i think it shoud by manageable whit a beizer patch
i am just not sure how complicated it woud by

an other problem is
lets say i have a big BOX and now i wana place an other smaler box on its side
and make one mesh out of the 2
points from the smale box laying inside of the big BOX needs to by eleminated
and i need to remodel / reconnect anything
ilustraded here (this is 3dsmax)-->

i not realy know how to make out of the top 4 objects one single object
ok now it seems to me that you're talking entirely about 3d modeling and not at all about directx, so if that was the case then i think this thread should be in another thread.
"WARNING: Excessive exposure to politicians and other bureaucrats has been linked to aggressive behavior." - Henk Hopla
i think you are right will start an other one in the math section

and try to collect my thoughts what i need

i think i was looking for some general way to construct meshes
wich wont exist
Quote:Original post by Discard_One

With regard to this are you asking if you can fix this hole by loading a patch list D3D11_PRIMITIVE_TOPOLOGY_n_CONTROL_POINT_PATCHLIST and an algorithm to the tessellation stage to fill in the holes created in this picture? I may be as so bold as to say sounds good to me and hey that's really cool....... I wouldn't really call it a hole though it's sort of overlapping. The equivalent rearrangement of geometry with the presented idea should be feasible if I understand what this is saying correctly!
-------------------------------------All my life all I ever wanted to be was, Gangsta!
Oh and I don't think you would say you are creating the Bezier patch as much as you are defining a Bezier curve and then dictating where the patches should exist.
-------------------------------------All my life all I ever wanted to be was, Gangsta!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement