IMPORTANT VIRUS NOTICE

Started by
4 comments, last by Rad76 22 years, 8 months ago
IF you get a message from someone saying they need your suggestion on something and the attached file is called DU DE.bat.zip DO NOT open it, it is a virus. If you have opened it (like I did), you will not be able to open any applications, the virus is messing with your windows registry. In this case you must re-install windows through MS-DOS. This way you won''t loose any thing on your hard drive. Hope this helps.
Advertisement
I''m supprised you didn''t already know about it. Its the "Code Red" aka "Redworm" virus, I''ve seen alot of copys over the last few days.

I didn''t think its harms any system except NT & 2000 series but I could be wrong. BTW the attachments name changes but I think I alway has 2 extensios eg name.exe.lnk, stuff.txt.zip, things.doc.exe ... etc.

Every thing I''ve said is from memory so I could be wrong about things but I''m pretty sure its the Code Red virus so if you want to know more go and look it up somewhere.

Oh and I take it your using an MS Outlook mail client, *x2k shakes his head sarcastically* its Microsofts free entry to your system...sort it out
Actually, that sounds more like the W32.Sircam virus. You do NOT have to reinstall Windows to fix it; all you have to do is follow the simple instructions at Symantec''s web site.

~~~~~~~~~~
Martee
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
Why do people insist on doing stupid stuff?? Just don''t open attachments with wierd names like that. IT''S COMMON SENSE FOLKS.

Pactuul

"The thing I like about friends in my classes is that they can''t access my private members directly."

-Pac "The thing I like about friends in my classes is that they can't access my private members directly." "When listening to some one tell about their problem (whether it's code or not), don't listen to what went right or wrong, but what they assumed....."
Fortunatly, this worm only affects systems running IIS and NT/2000. Be calm, folks.

RM.

-=Kicking Butt and Writing Code=-
Heh - who do you know who would ever say, "I send this file to you in order to have your advice"?

By the way, opening a .zip file won''t harm your system. Only executable files can do that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement