Sign in to follow this  

What do game publishers look for?

This topic is 2853 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone, This is my first post, sorry if it's in the wrong forum. If I was to aproach a game publishers with a game I created myself what would they look for in the game? Would like just care on game play and quality? Or do they care about language, tools, platform, ect... Cheers, OneHitWonder.

Quote:
Original post by OneHitWonder
This is my first post, sorry if it's in the wrong forum.
If I was to aproach a game publishers with a game I created myself what would they look for in the game? ...do they care about language, tools, platform, ect..

Moving to Business (that's where these questions usually get asked and answered).
They would care about the game's potential for sales, and the game's fit with their existing product line.
The programming language is not an issue. The tools are not an issue.
The platform is a factor of whether or not the publisher already does business on that platform. You should not take a DS game to Popcap, for instance.
You have to research the publishers and only submit it to appropriate potential partners. Read http://sloperama.com/advice/lesson21.htm

This topic is 2853 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.