Sign in to follow this  

Using Havok's heightFieldShape with Ogre3D?

This topic is 2850 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Wasn't sure if this should go in Math & Physics or Alternate Libraries, so I hope no one yells at me. I started implementing Havok physics into my Ogre game today, and I am using the new terrain system from 1.7 which saves the terrain data in a .dat file. After looking through all of the related demos that come with Havok, I think I understand how they do the collision mesh for terrain, but I am unsure of how exactly to implement it with Ogre. Here is link to snippet I found (easier to read as a link) http://ampaste.net/f79cbe28d From what I can tell, it should be pretty straight forward to implement. It looks like the demo's "MySampledHeightFieldShape" class has HK_FORCE_INLINE hkReal getHeightAtImpl( int x, int z ) const which I assume I would replace with Ogre's GetHeightAt() function. Sorry for the newbie questions, not really any good tutorials/snippets/documentation on Havok/Ogre, and im kind of blindly jumping into this as I have always used wrappers for Physics.

This topic is 2850 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.