floorcaek, bears, and EAT ROPE

Started by
55 comments, last by cowsarenotevil 14 years, 1 month ago
Quote:Original post by Moe
Wow. It's been a while since I haven't been to TA (seeing as how it doesn't exist).

I really only ATE WAFFLES once or twice when gamedev went down and the only thing I remember is something along the lines of "Gamedev is like a fat kid running around in circles. Eventually it just dies."

*corrected

[Edited by - cowsarenotevil on February 23, 2010 7:02:45 PM]
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Advertisement
ok.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
I want to make a hockey MMORPG using HTML with variables.
[s]I am a signature virus. Please add me to your signature so that I may multiply.[/s]I am a signature anti-virus. Please use me to remove your signature virus.
Quote:Original post by geo2004
So I've been browsing these forums for over 2 years now, and it seems like every now and then a random topic comes up. The most recent one I saw was the reference to floorcaek (in the Epic Beard Man thread). I finally tracked down this which kind of explained it. I have also noticed a lot of references to bears (this also came up in the Epic Beard Man thread, but most notably here). And of course >EAT ROPE!, which after some research appears to have originated here.

I got a kick out of reading the EAT ROPE story, and the others are interesting to say the least. I have 2 questions: 1. Are there other things/words/topics that are GD's own that are totally random and obscure, and 2. what's with the bears? I still haven't figured that one out.

How could you have left out the Giant Space Pipe?!

Also, "There is always the single player campaign." No luck finding the OP on that one though. It was probably deleted, is was quite distasteful (but very funny in an I'm going to hell kinda way).

[Edited by - tstrimp on February 23, 2010 7:33:22 PM]
Quote:
I want to make a hockey MMORPG using HTML with variables.

By any chance would this be storing its data using that newfangled mp3 compression beating algorithm?

Also, let's not forget that horrible gamdev.net offshoot of general mayhem's HELMUT thread.
... or the hairspray thread.
I really think we should be trying to resist this sort of thread.
Quote:Original post by tstrimp
No luck finding the OP on that one though. It was probably deleted, is was quite distasteful (but very funny in an I'm going to hell kinda way).
It's only the first result. [wink] I wonder what happened to Kuato, or if Toxic Hippo ever got the girl (with or without an iPod)?

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

In no particular order:

New topic theory
MP3 beating compression
Specular Lightosis
Landfish and EGG
The ultimate thread
Blackmage and the Mexican wrestler incident
Yoda, Fongerchat and all that stuff. Poppet.
The Warsong collection
The pink gang
Resist banners
Go jump off a cliff
Feelevil and his numerous plots of wiping out humanity
That incident where someone (I think it was AdmiralBinary) SQL injected the GDNet database and run a script that would offset all topic IDs by one
The resulting witchhunt and SHilbert's GDNet 'hack'
The fork story
The rise and fall of Bishop_pass
Nurgle being demodded for massive power abuse
The G art competition
Basically everything involving Nes or Pouya
Nope and "uh, no"

and probably many more I forgot.

Oh yeah, and then the short, yet very intense time span between the moment someone realized that you could insert &#106avascript into your posts and the staff blocking it...
Quote:Original post by Yann L
Oh yeah, and then the short, yet very intense time span between the moment someone realized that you could insert &#106avascript into your posts and the staff blocking it...
<a href="&#106avascript:R=0; x1=.1; y1=.05; x2=.25; y2=.24; x3=1.6; y3=.24; x4=300; y4=200; x5=300; y5=200; DI=document.getElementsByTagName('img'); DIL=DI.length; function A(){for(i=0; i-DIL; i++){DIS=DI<em>.&#115;tyle; DIS.position='absolute'; DIS.left=(Math.sin(R*x1+i*x2+x3)*x4+x5)+'px'; DIS.top=(Math.cos(R*y1+i*y2+y3)*y4+y5)+'px'}R++}setInterval('A()',5); void(0);">&#106avascript is blocked?</a> (I guess the incident you're talking about was plain &lt;script&gt; tags?)<br><br>I got ~70 rating points in &#111;ne day when I posted my &#106avascript <a href="http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=500029">DIY spoiler tag</a> ;)
Back then you could insert code that would execute by simply viewing a thread. That was, uh, interesting... Nowadays Superpig would probably insta-ban anyone for even thinking about trying this [wink]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement