Sign in to follow this  

[slimdxvisual basic]end of stream exception writing mesh buffer

This topic is 2853 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi i am trying to create a mesh, first i have created my fvf: Public Structure CustomVertexPositionTextured Public Position As Vector3 Public texture As Vector2 Public Shared ReadOnly vertexformat As SlimDX.Direct3D9.VertexFormat = vertexformat.Position Or vertexformat.Texture1 End Structure i don´t put all the code only the things that maybe you need to help me, then i have created the vertexdata: Dim verticest As CustomVertexPositionTextured() = New CustomVertexPositionTextured(2992) {} and i have fill it with the data of the vertices Dim malla As New Mesh(device, 2967, 2993, MeshFlags.Dynamic, VertexFormat.Position Or VertexFormat.Texture1) Dim datast As SlimDX.DataStream = malla.VertexBuffer.Lock(0, 0, LockFlags.None) datast.Seek(0, IO.SeekOrigin.Begin) datast.WriteRange(verticest, 0, verticest.Length) Finally i have created the mesh and when i try to fill the vertexbuffer of the mesh i get an endofstream exception i the line: datast.WriteRange(verticest, 0, verticest.Length) [Edited by - jor1980 on February 25, 2010 9:35:37 AM]

Quote:
Original post by Buckeye
I'm not a slimdx person, but, if WriteRange has a zero offset, try:

datast.WriteRange(verticest, 0, verticest.Length-1)

I have tried but it also gives me the same error, Anyother idea?

Thank´s

i think that i have solved it changing:

datast.WriteRange(verticest, 0, verticest.Length)

for this:

datast.WriteRange(verticest)

but now it gives me the same error as before in this:

Dim dataindstr As SlimDX.DataStream = malla.IndexBuffer.Lock(0, malla.IndexBuffer.Description.SizeInBytes, LockFlags.None)

dataindstr.Seek(0, IO.SeekOrigin.Begin)
dataindstr.WriteRange(indices)

Quote:
Original post by jor1980
i think that i have solved it changing:

datast.WriteRange(verticest, 0, verticest.Length)

for this:

datast.WriteRange(verticest)

but now it gives me the same error as before in this:

Dim dataindstr As SlimDX.DataStream = malla.IndexBuffer.Lock(0, malla.IndexBuffer.Description.SizeInBytes, LockFlags.None)

dataindstr.Seek(0, IO.SeekOrigin.Begin)
dataindstr.WriteRange(indices)

I have solved with this:
dataindstr.WriteRange(indices, 0, indices.Length - 1)

but i have a question, Why indices.length -1 if the indexbuffer has a length of indices.length *2(maybe beacuse indices are a short´s array)

This topic is 2853 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.