Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tarique

Problems after upgrading to PR 3.0. Please help!

Since upgrading from 2.6, I have the following things happening...

(1) Everything seems to sort fine, until I go near a particular object. The object will clip behind a polygon that is further away. This happens on every polygon I go near. It's as if the Z buffer isn't sorting the polygons correctly. However, once I move away from the object it begins to sort fine.

(2) I have some objects with alpha textures on them, such as leaves etc. The bits that are supposed to be transparent no longer are, so I'm getting a white background on the leaves, etc.

(3) When I quit out of a full screen window, on most occasions windows does not return to it's original resolution. I have tried calling PR_Shutdown() & PR_ShutdownD3D(), but it doesn't make any different.

If anyone has any clues, please let me know! I know the above is very vague, so sorry about that!

Cheers,
Tarique.

"(1) Everything seems to sort fine, until I go near a particular object. The object will clip behind a polygon that is further away. "

In order to get more accuracy on objects far in the distance the near clipping plane had to be pushed back to around 10. Try changing the near clip value in the camera to 10, and also use a larger scale on objects.

"(2) I have some objects with alpha textures on them, such as leaves etc. The bits that are supposed to be transparent no longer are, so I'm getting a white background on the leaves, etc."

In every PRO file the format for each texture is stored. You will need to set this to the internal format you want the texture loaded as. In this case one with more than 1 alpha bit.

"(3) When I quit out of a full screen window, on most occasions windows does not return to it's original resolution. I have tried calling PR_Shutdown() & PR_ShutdownD3D(), but it doesn't make any different."

PR_ShutdownD3D calls DirectDraw->RestoreDisplayMode. You can check the return codes from this by settings diagnostics_level = 2; at the beginning of the program and reading the wgt95.log file produced after running it.