Sign in to follow this  

Battlement

This topic is 2850 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Battlement is a multiplayer action/strategy game of medieval warfare. The high-level strategy places a lot of importance on teamwork, but at the same time, fast-paced hand to hand fighting gives the individual plenty of room to shine. Think of it like a strategy game where you roll dice to determine the outcome of a fight, except instead of rolling dice you actually play out the small-scale fight. This is a Java game that plays in your browser, so there is nothing to download and it should work on nearly any PC. As you can probably guess from the screenshot, the environment is divided into a square grid, rogue sytle. Pressing an arrow key instantly moves you to the next tile at the cost of 1 energy. You regain energy at a rate of 2 per second up to a maximum of around 7. Frontal attacks generally don't work, so combat turns into interesting flank, counter-flank, counter-counter-flank mind games. More details and a gameplay trailer can be found on Battlement's website.

Quote:
Original post by grayaii
Looks promising, but when I try to play it says "Server may be down." :(

The server is up. If you can't connect, it's most likely because you didn't accept the applet's security certificate.

Quote:
Original post by swiftcoder
The game itself won't load on either my Windows 7 machine with java 1.6, or my Ubuntu machine with the latest gcj runtime. Might want to test your applet on a variety of machines...

I don't have access to those platforms. What would help me fix the game anyway would be to try to run the game again, save the error messages from your Java console, and send them to me via PM or email (dathgale@gmail.com).

Quote:
Original post by Dathgale
Quote:
Original post by swiftcoder
The game itself won't load on either my Windows 7 machine with java 1.6, or my Ubuntu machine with the latest gcj runtime. Might want to test your applet on a variety of machines...
I don't have access to those platforms. What would help me fix the game anyway would be to try to run the game again, save the error messages from your Java console, and send them to me via PM or email (dathgale@gmail.com).
Hmm, works ok now in Windows 7 + Safari + Java 1.6 - might have been an issue at my end earlier. Still doesn't launch on GCJ, but that is understandable [smile]

Sign in to follow this