AngelScript + Borland

Started by
9 comments, last by WitchLord 14 years, 1 month ago
Hi everyone! Do sombody use AngelScript with Borland C++ Builder? Where I can read about subj? Thank you. UPD: I`m try to create Borland project for static library. But on compile stage compileg sow error message: "..\..\source\as_memory.h|97|Error E2321 : Declaration does not specify a tag or an identifier" This line of file contains: "asCArray<void *> scriptNodePool;" [Edited by - Neuronet on February 26, 2010 1:26:42 AM]
Advertisement
It looks like this Borland C++ Builder isn't quite compatible. I'm afraid I do not know what the problem is.

I would very much like to fix this problem, but I will need help to identify the problem.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I will help you with pleasure.

Full eroror stack in BCB:
[C++ Error] as_memory.h(97): E2321 Declaration does not specify a tag or an identifier
--Full parser context
---as_arrayobject.cpp(35): #include C:\BCB6\Projects\as\source\as_config.h
-----as_config.h(740): #include C:\BCB6\Projects\as\source\as_memory.h
-------as_memory.h(82): class asCMemoryMgr

I send to you PM with my email.
I built it with C++ Builder 6.0. Yet to test it. If it works OK without exeptions, I will post the steps for you to build it. I could provide the project and precompiled library. It's 5 MB in debug :]
BTW, AngelScript is awesome :)
I'd appreciate the project files. If you can send them to me at andreas@angelcode.com I'll gladly add them to the SDK.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Well, I spoke too early, I guess.... It compiles without any major warnings, It links with the host application without unresolved externals, but testing showed that I can't ExecuteString(..) or engine->Build. Both crashed with an exception "Access violation reading at address..". I traced the first, and it appears it crashes on as_gc.cpp - > void asCGarbageCollector::AddScriptObjectToGC(void *obj, asCObjectType *objType) ->
line engine->CallObjectMethod(obj, objType->beh.addref);
Will investigate further and keep you in touch.
With version of AS sourcer you compile project?
Can you send project files or precompiled library for BCB 6.0 to us?
What project options you use?
I'll explain about it.
I downloaded the last version of AScript and modified some files and project options to get it to compile( I'll explain in details later). I started to test it with a simple Builder 6.0 VCL application and I ran into various crashes, including impossibility to create the engine with the ANGELSCRIPT_VERSION provided. After commenting out the version check it started to look like it's working, but crashed in Build-ing and ExecuteString. That was on my home computer. Today on my work computer I found an old version 2.16.0 (one year old version I think). I built it and started testing with a BCB application. It worked flawlessly [wow]. Test unclude registering global variables and functions, building scripts, calling AngelScript functions and calling AngelScript functions that call C++ functions. Basicaly what I need. :}

To WitchLord :
I'll will send you the old version ( 2.16.0 ) project and sample application and continue trying to get current version compiled and working.

To
Neuronet :
I can send you those things so far. More to come ( I hope so..)
-modified source package of verion 2.16.0 with BCB project.
-instructions how to setup BCB and modify source to compile it yourself.
-precompiled libraries in release and debug.
-sample BCB/VCL application that uses the library.

I have not searched , but I can't see your e@mail address.
Leave it here or PM me.

BTW
I noticed in version 2.16.0 the sintax is a bit different. For example building is not a member of the engine, but of a module if I got that correctly.
Success! The issue was mostly on my side [wink].
The latest version compiles and works just fine, as far as I can test.
No need to send older version projects I guess. Tomorrow i'll make a zip with project and sample and send it to both of you.
Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement