Sign in to follow this  

[web] MySQL diagnostics?

This topic is 2850 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is there a way to see real-time MySQL-related diagnostics through the console, such as queries running per X amount of time, or maybe even seeing how much server resources said activity is using? If not through the console, are there separate applications that can do this? I am wondering if maybe they are not called "diagnostics", because I keep getting error reporting links when I try to search for this. Thanks!

One very basic command is SHOW PROCESSLIST, but I don't know if this is useful to you. I use it often to find a thread ID to KILL (because I am notorious for breaking the engine using IN when I really should be using joins).

Both are very useful! I was really tired when I was trying to find some links on this, and "monitor" was the word that wasn't coming to mind. Thanks! A lot of good stuff there. The Processlist is also quite useful, thank you :)

It wasn't actually that queries were just running slowly. I am just working on a browser-based game, and a few others that are working on their own games were all wondering if there was a way to see real-time query statistics in MySQL. Some of those monitors look nice :) Thanks both!

This topic is 2850 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.