Sign in to follow this  

Announcement: Plint! released!

This topic is 2851 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello! I'm happy to announce that our first game is released! Please check out Convex Games site for a demo. Plint! was a deliberately small project to get us started as a gamedev team. As developers you probably know what kind of difficulties we ran into :). We just wanted to get to know these difficulties with an easy to handle project rather than a very demanding one. And we indeed learned a lot! So expect better games from our team in the near future. We'll be very happy to receive feedback from you!

Good job guys! There's nothing like that feeling of releasing completed software. I'll try it out and give you some feedback. Maybe you can do the same for my recent project: www.astrosmashproject.com

The graphics are very sharp, I love the ambient music, but the game starts off too slow. I didn't feel challenged enough, which affects the replay value for me. I like that little character that pops out from time to time and reverses things. Overall, I give it 7/10. Good job and good luck with your new company!

Ophelius

Thanks for your feedback!

Actually some people were complaining about the game being too easy. Our difficulty curve was created as a product of a very lengthy playtesting period with a lot of testers. At times the testers thought it was difficult and we made it easier. Other times they thought it was too easy and we made it more difficult. There were more than 5-6 iterations of this kind and we always adjusted the difficulty according to what the average thought about it, in order to optimize their gaming experience.

Admitedly the game is too easy for experienced puzzle game players. We did this to comfort the non-expert gamers ie: to make it easier for them and to make the hiscores reflect little changes in skill among the non-experienced (which is the largest group). So the local highscores can be a source of competition for the family and friends.

However there are also global highscores for the experienced! And even though the game starts easy, it becomes more and more difficult as time passes so eventually you'll lose! Furthermore there are the bonuses which if used with wisdom, they multiply your score at the cost of messing up your game, so this is a source of difficulty (of the strategic kind) too.

Sign in to follow this