Sign in to follow this  

Best framework for 2D game?

This topic is 2849 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello there, I have recently finished designing a nice game that I want to implement and I am looking for a framework that will allow me to program it fast and easy First of all I would prefer something in .NET(but not XNA) as it is a very simple 2D game (not a resource hog) where all your actions are done with mouse on a 2D map, but C++ will also do fine as I'm quite proficient with it (but .NET is less headache overall). Second thing is I would like something that has a built-in complex GUI system, as my game is really more of a GUI application(think Civilization), and I would like a lot of flexibility and speed in implementing a complex GUI. Third I am not looking especially for full blown game engines, but something that will help me do the GUI and input fast and easy. The front end of the game is not very spectacular, but the mechanics are, so that is why I want to implement it fast and use more of my time on the important stuff, which are the mechanics. Fourth, the framework must be free, but usable for commercial purposes :) Do you have any suggestions on such requirements please? Thank you!

This topic is 2849 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.