Sign in to follow this  

ID3 size help

This topic is 2845 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am trying to read in the size of a id3 frame from an mp3. I am pretty successful at reading in the data and parsing it if hard code the size of the id3v2 frame. I need help taking the 4 characters for the size and getting the correct integer value from them. My current idea involves alot of if statements and then times and addition inside those but I know there is a better way I just donbt know it lol. I have seen somthings before like << I think its called bit shifting or bit masking. I think that is what im looking for if anyone can make any sense out of all this and know what im looking for could you help me figure out how that works and even if its the right thing im looking for. Thank you

Forgot to mention that this is c++.

And the information i am going off of is it http://www.id3.org/id3v2.3.0#head-697d09c50ed7fa96fb66c6b0a9d93585e2652b0b

And I had an update i found a way to throw out some of my ifs but still i dont think its the correct way of doing things. I will post my code when i get it working but still if anybody has the right way or if there is a right way please let me know thank you.

This topic is 2845 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.