[.net] POP3 + SSL free library?

Started by
3 comments, last by cignox1 14 years, 1 month ago
Hi all, I'm looking for a free Pop3/SSL library to get access to my gmail account. I've found OpenPop but I can't find a good documentation and copying the example code found on the net my app reads mails really slowly (1 per second if I only ask for header, even more for the full message). Every other lib I tried was either too old (.net 1.1) or had no SSL (required for gmail). Anyone has more info about OpenPOP wich suggests I'm doing things wrong (or that is a problem of gmail) or has other libraries in mind? Thank you!
Advertisement
Google is your friend
Yes it is, and I've used it extensively, in fact I said that I tried a few libs and were asking for more suggestions :-) Actually, I've already seen that page, but somehow I missed some replies.

I'll give them a look. Thank you (rating++)
It was a joke considering the fact that you are trying to get to GMail...

Thanks!
Quote:Original post by ernow
It was a joke considering the fact that you are trying to get to GMail...

Thanks!

Ops, misunderstood. Anyway, after reading that page I remembered to have already considered most of those libs, and that the only one with the features I needed was not really free (there a evaluation version which adds text once evry 3 message, and though that might not be an issue for me, I would like to use OS software if possible)...

So... more suggestions are welcome!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement