.NET (C#) SlimDX engine?

Started by
12 comments, last by swiftcoder 13 years ago
Hello guys, first, sorry for my bad english:) I need a 3d engie base on SlimDX!! Somebody knows, if there are some exists? There are some alternativ for .NET 3d engines? I Found asiom an mogre, but they are base on MDX ??? I don't now! I need a good supported .NET engine with hig-level code, because im new in 3d programming. Can someone advise me good engines? Thanks
Advertisement
If you're looking for a prebuilt engine, why does it have to be built on top of SlimDX?
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
i heard, that SlimDX is a very good managed DX wrapper, and i thougt that this will be a good base for a good .NET engine!?
Well, SlimDX is a very good managed DirectX wrapper -- however, all it is is a wrapper. It doesn't really add new functionality to anything, so if all you want is a prebuilt engine that lets you work at a much higher level then it doesn't really matter if it's built on SlimDX or Direct3D itself, et cetera.
Unity3d and Irrlicht3d are the best you can get without paying lots and lots of money. The first is closed-source with separate free/commercial licenses, the latter is open-source and completely free. Take your pick!

[OpenTK: C# OpenGL 4.4, OpenGL ES 3.0 and OpenAL 1.1. Now with Linux/KMS support!]

Unity3d and Irrlicht3d aren't managed DirectX engines!?? i need a .NET c# engine!
Unity games can be written in &#106avascript, C# and Boo (Python dialect), so you can code in C# using the Unity engine. Unity uses Mono, the open source .NET platform.<a href="http://unity3d.com/unity/features/scripting">[1]</a>
Quote:Original post by BorisDieKlinge
Unity3d and Irrlicht3d aren't managed DirectX engines!?? i need a .NET c# engine!

Both Unity3d and Irrlicht3d can be used by C#. Neither uses Managed DirectX.

Do you need an engine that is written in C# or an engine that can be used by C#? The latter is useful - the former not so much.

[OpenTK: C# OpenGL 4.4, OpenGL ES 3.0 and OpenAL 1.1. Now with Linux/KMS support!]

You may have more luck finding an engine which uses Xna, which is also very good.
Quote:Irrlicht3d can be used by C#

irrlicht hasn`t had an uptodate c sharp wrapper for quite a while (at least a year)

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement