Sign in to follow this  

Resources on iPhone GAME development?

This topic is 2848 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So, I've been wandering around the net, pouring through resources, however I haven't found anything useful on the topic of iPhone game development/Open GL ES. I've been working with the iPhone SDK for quite some time, but the support for the games department is pretty weak in contrast to the other parts of the documentation which are extensively elaborated (good stuff), online support and such. I was wondering are there any sites/articles/forums that specialize in iPhone Game Development, topics on OGLES on the iPhone, optimization recommendations, game development in general, sound... Well, you get the picture... Somewhere where I can pour through more information besides the official portal. On the topic of books, I've heard that the O'reilly book on game development isn't worth taking a look, anybody wants to comment on this? Perhaps I've heard wrong. P.S. I know there's a lot of "hacking around" articles since there is many ways to get animation and sound inside with other APIs encompassed within the iPhone SDK, but OGLES is the one that interests me the most. I would really appreciate any pointers to valid memory addresses =)

Quote:
Original post by Promit
Maybe you could poke around Oolong? Maybe not the ideal way, but it's probably educational at least.

I was contemplating on checking out various engines for some poking around, but I haven't heard of Oolong, I'll certainly check it out. I've also heard Cocos2D is nice. Thanks for the quick response =)

This topic is 2848 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.