Sign in to follow this  

hausdorff distance

This topic is 2847 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I have a graduation project about hausdorff distance for shape matching. Firstly, I have to do implement hausdorff distance function in C#. It calculate distance between 2 points sets. Sets have some points with their x-y coordinates which are defined by us. They read from .txt file. And then, function return the hausdorff distance which calculated. Could you help me ? Please write me. I am waiting. hacer

What you really need is unclear.

Do you know how to calculate the Hausdorff distance already? If not, see section 2 of this page: http://cgm.cs.mcgill.ca/~godfried/teaching/cg-projects/98/normand/main.html. The explanation is very thorough.

If you know how to calculate it, then are you having trouble with C#? If so, show your code so that it can be looked at.

Quote:
Original post by taby
What you really need is unclear.

Do you know how to calculate the Hausdorff distance already? If not, see section 2 of this page: http://cgm.cs.mcgill.ca/~godfried/teaching/cg-projects/98/normand/main.html. The explanation is very thorough.

If you know how to calculate it, then are you having trouble with C#? If so, show your code so that it can be looked at.

I saw and read this page. But I don't know how to implement it, I don't know c#. :(

Do you know how to program using any other languages?

Perhaps read up on C# and ask again when you can use variables, do some simple math operations, perform some different kinds of loops, and write some output to the console. One can get a free copy of Visual C# Express from Microsoft, and google contains links to the aforementioned topics.

I assume that you want to use the Euclidean metric in 3D (aka "3-space"). Can you perform this 3D distance calculation on your own? Are you familiar with the Pythagorean theorem, like how the side lengths of a right triangle are given by ?

Did you see the gray arrow underneath the image in section 2 of this? Repeatedly clicking the arrow takes you through each step of the calculation.

[Edited by - taby on February 27, 2010 10:09:37 PM]

Quote:
Original post by taby
Do you know how to program using any other languages?

Perhaps read up on C# and ask again when you can use variables, do some simple math operations, perform some different kinds of loops, and write some output to the console. One can get a free copy of Visual C# Express from Microsoft, and google contains links to the aforementioned topics.

I assume that you want to use the Euclidean metric in 3D (aka "3-space"). Can you perform this 3D distance calculation on your own? Are you familiar with the Pythagorean theorem, like how the side lengths of a right triangle are given by ?

Did you see the gray arrow underneath the image in section 2 of this? Repeatedly clicking the arrow takes you through each step of the calculation.

Actually, we will study at 2D images. I know Euclidean distance. But, How to use ? If you have some codes, please share them, thanks for your interest.

Unfortunately it is forbidden on gamedev.net to do someone's homework for them. Please come back when you've learned a little bit of C# and have at least tried to write a small program that accomplishes what you want.

Quote:
Original post by taby
Unfortunately it is forbidden on gamedev.net to do someone's homework for them. Please come back when you've learned a little bit of C# and have at least tried to write a small program that accomplishes what you want.

Ok, I understand u but if I have more time, I would not choose write this site, I would learn myself to do write it. Nevertheless thank you.

This topic is 2847 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.