New game for iPhone/iPod Touch - Smiled Out

Started by
2 comments, last by Ronin Magus 14 years, 1 month ago
Well it took a few months of learning Objective-C and getting around in my shiny new Mac but I finally got my application approved and online with the Apple App store! It's a "lights out" style game for the iPhone and iPod touch, with a touch of personality. I've been a member here for years and I know that if anyone can help me make this game better it's the GameDev community, so please post your thoughts about this game and anything I can do to improve! There are 5 free promo codes below. I'm not sure exactly how they work yet but I think they are first-come-first-serve. Below is my press release and links to check it out. (promo codes at the bottom) Homepage: www.daveandrews.org Download it here: ITunes Link Smiled Out – A challenging light toggling game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Recapture the nostalgia of this classic puzzle game with a touch of personality and humor! With 3 game modes and an endless supply of solvable, randomly generated puzzles, the experience is always new and exiting. Smiled Out is a game where you try to make all of the smiley faces on the screen a happy yellow color. Clicking on a red face turns it into yellow, and clicking on a yellow face turns it into red. But watch out–clicking on a face will not only change its color, but the ones immediately to the north, south, east, and west as well. Every puzzle is solveable; puzzles are fun and can be played in a short amount of time. Features * 3 game modes: Standard, Timed, and Hardcore. In Hardcore mode, you have a limited number of available moves. * Character: The faces on the screen will taunt you and make faces at you in this family-friendly game. Great for the kids! Device Requirements * iPhone or iPod Touch * Requires iPhone OS 3.1.3 or later * 2.5 MB Pricing and Availability Smiled Out is available now for purchase and download in the app store for $0.99 USD. Smiled Out does not nickel-and-dime with in-game purchases, $0.99 USD is the price for unlimited play and all features. Promo Codes ============ LLA7MJMLFAP9 4NX4NA99EL4M J697THR64RY3 46KHW47L6PNJ 4334YPA7YXW7
Advertisement
I just bought it! Nice game. It's fun and challenging, I like it. :)
And I think I found a small bug: Although it said that this puzzle can be solved in 8 moves, I solved it just with 4. Then it said I could solve it in 4, and I solved it in 2.

You could add something like a help-button, sometimes it gets really difficult and it would help to see how you can get it solved.

Also, a few difficulty levels and a top-score list for each of them would be nice.
Thanks for buying it and the great suggestions! I'll look into that move counting bug..
Quote:Original post by 00chris00
I just bought it! Nice game. It's fun and challenging, I like it. :)
And I think I found a small bug: Although it said that this puzzle can be solved in 8 moves, I solved it just with 4. Then it said I could solve it in 4, and I solved it in 2.

You could add something like a help-button, sometimes it gets really difficult and it would help to see how you can get it solved.

Also, a few difficulty levels and a top-score list for each of them would be nice.

Just wanted to let you know I've located the bug in my solution finder so it will be fixed soon. And it will be extended to have a help button.

I've designed 50 levels that are going into the game as well, I just have to write a new level select screen! As you complete levels, the next one will be unlocked and you can replay levels at any time.

Thank you for your great suggestions, and they will be in the game!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement