about Scene Texture mapping

Started by
5 comments, last by jerry2 22 years, 8 months ago
how to make a suitable and comfortable scene texture mapping?and the texture must be seen at any watcher position. jerry2
jerry2The God creates the world, the world creates the nature,the nature creates human. Human create...Everything.
Advertisement
why?no one knows?though it''s a simple problem,but.......
plz tell me.......

jerry2
jerry2The God creates the world, the world creates the nature,the nature creates human. Human create...Everything.
cause i assume noone understands the question, i certainly dont
Oh,my mistake,i''m very sorry!

my meaning:as we all know, we can make a background for a scene.for example,the mountains in a distance in NFS r made of the texture,and it''s mapping as the background,so we can see the mountains stand beyond,like the true mountain model.

i think it can be mapped on some very big polygons,and then put them into the scene to be as the background.

but i think this way is no good.i think there may be a better way to make it.
every body, do u understand it?

jerry2
It is probably a texture mapped on a quad. Note, the quad doesn''t have to be a square mile in size and a couple miles away: It''s just rendered first, without zbuffer writing.
ok.....i see. does that mean we make a screen,and the texture for background we want is mapping on that?

jerry2
Programming,make a whole new world.
load in your texture say a 256x256 sized one (though thisll result in a bit of stretching to get rid of the stretching use the top 3/4 )
ok load in your texture + now u want to draw this texture over the whole background right?
goto the faq http://www.frii.com/~martz/oglfaq/ + check out question 9.090

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement