Is Real-Time Energy Fill Available Only To Online Games?

Started by
21 comments, last by gamergamer 14 years, 1 month ago
Quote:Original post by MathewS
Like others have said store the date/time at shutdown, then when the game starts check if the time saved is either past or future.

If the stored time is in the past add to the energy bar, if it is in the future put the energy into the negative. Sure you might have the small time errors when syncing the time but it wont be a great deal.

I believe you are right.

Thank you very much all for your posts

GamerGamer
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by gamergamer
I am trying to avoid the mmo concept to avoid costs, production complexity and more "difficult" for an indie company factors.

Hosted service costs ~$100 a month. That service is under your control and can handle thousands, even ten thousands of concurrent users for purpose of transactions and time checking. If you only charge $1 per month, you only need 1% conversion rate to cover this.

Quote:I am trying to insert the microtransactions in the design
Then you need to be online anyway.
Quote:Original post by Antheus
Quote:Original post by gamergamer
I am trying to avoid the mmo concept to avoid costs, production complexity and more "difficult" for an indie company factors.

Hosted service costs ~$100 a month. That service is under your control and can handle thousands, even ten thousands of concurrent users for purpose of transactions and time checking. If you only charge $1 per month, you only need 1% conversion rate to cover this.

Quote:I am trying to insert the microtransactions in the design
Then you need to be online anyway.

Thank you for your reply Antheus. Do you know any hosting company that you or someone you know worked with and is reliable?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement