Sign in to follow this  

text clipping in DX9

This topic is 2849 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I'm printing text using ID3DXFont interface in DirectX 9, the text is moved around in the window, but must be clipped within a given window. I successfully use SetScissorRect(&rc) with the clipping boundaries in the rc rectangle for the geometry (triangles, quads, ...) but it does not work with the ID3DXFont objects. Any idea ?

You can check the limits of the rectangle used to draw the text against the window rectangle.

RECT rect;
// set up and check rect here
font->DrawText(..., &rect, ...); // don't use DT_NOCLIP in the flags

Hi,

Thanks for the answer, however it works partly : it works perfectly well for ordinary text. Now I also use rotated text, and in that case I can only clip the text along its own axis (length and height).
For example, if I rotate a text by 45° and move it to a place where it has to be clipped along a horizontal line, that won't do it.

Anyone has an idea of why the scissor are desactivated with sprites or ID3DXFont objects ?

Quote:
Original post by oliver_mpt
Anyone has an idea of why the scissor are desactivated with sprites or ID3DXFont objects ?
Because you don't usually want the scissor enabled when rendering sprites. If you do, just turn it on after calling ID3DXSprite::Begin().

This topic is 2849 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.