convert wchar_t to WCHAR*

Started by
4 comments, last by Veeman 14 years, 1 month ago
hi i'm new to all this stuff, i'm trying to write a dll and i need to convert a wchar_t to a WCHAR* , the text to go into WCHAR* must be like this L"text in hear" If anyone can help and/or show me whats wrong with my code thanyou #pragma once #include "Resource.h" #include < stdio.h > #include < stdlib.h > #include < cstdlib > #include < string.h > #include "stdafx.h" //using namespace std; extern "C" __declspec( dllexport ) wchar_t sayit1( wchar_t getit ); wchar_t sayit1( wchar_t getit ) { WCHAR *psay = getit; ISpVoice * pVoice; if (FAILED(::CoInitialize(NULL))) return FALSE; HRESULT hr = CoCreateInstance(CLSID_SpVoice, NULL, CLSCTX_ALL, IID_ISpVoice, (void **)&pVoice); if( SUCCEEDED( hr ) ) { hr = pVoice->Speak(psay ,SPF_IS_XML, NULL); } ::CoUninitialize(); return NULL; } hope i put this post in the rite place =P [Edited by - Veeman on February 28, 2010 2:10:41 PM]
Advertisement
I'd suggest reading up about how strings are stored. You seem to be trying to treat a single character as a string. If you wanted to get a pointer to a single char or wchar_t, well... Grab it's address!

wchar_t wc = L'P';wchar_t* pWC = &wc;

If you are trying to pass a string, try the following for your function header.

wchar_t sayit1( const wchar_t * getit ){// You shouldn't need this// WCHAR *psay = getit;...
thanx zyro for the help but i tryed and tryed and it would compile and run but no sound came out, i dunno how i'm going to get it working =(

mabe i'll have to learn pointers

well i'm going to read up and have ago with pointers tomorrow

if any one can help in the meantime please reply

#pragma once
#include "Resource.h"
#include < stdio.h >
#include < stdlib.h >
#include < cstdlib >
#include < string.h >
#include "stdafx.h"

extern "C" __declspec( dllexport ) wchar_t sayit1( const wchar_t * getit );

wchar_t sayit1( const wchar_t * getit )
{

ISpVoice * pVoice;

if (FAILED(::CoInitialize(NULL)))
return FALSE;

HRESULT hr = CoCreateInstance(CLSID_SpVoice, NULL, CLSCTX_ALL, IID_ISpVoice, (void **)&pVoice);
if( SUCCEEDED( hr ) )
{
hr = pVoice->Speak(getit ,SPF_IS_XML, NULL );

}
::CoUninitialize();
return NULL;

}

Show how you call the function.
Quote:Original post by Veeman
mabe i'll have to learn pointers

well i'm going to read up and have ago with pointers tomorrow
A very good idea. It is perhaps almost as important as knowing how to add, when it comes to C & C++ programming.
Feel free to ask questions about them here if you need to.
"In order to understand recursion, you must first understand recursion."
My website dedicated to sorting algorithms
sorry i havent been back here for a while got people in rewiring the house and a new bath room and kitchen being put in =S

anyhow i call the function in dark basic at the moment it just says 'E' but heres the code anyway

edit:-
just bin trying it out and it only says the last letter in the string (a$)

`arrays & vars
a$="hello there"
dim organizer(365,1000,15)

`load DLL's
load dll "sayit.dll",1

`main
do

print CALL DLL (1, "sayit1",a$)

suspend for key

loop

[Edited by - Veeman on March 8, 2010 8:44:07 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.