Did Mario get it ?

Started by
14 comments, last by 90907 22 years, 8 months ago
Thanks everyone!
I dont think anyone has really understood where I''m comming from though.
When I get something together (like in six months) you guys will be the first to get it.
Advertisement
I would like to see an auto-float feature... where if the ''fly'' control is released, your character either hovers in place, or lands gently on the ground... instead of plummeting like a Duke3D jetpack jockey.

MatrixCubed
http://MatrixCubed.org

quote:Original post by 90907

I going to cut the intro and get to the point. I want to create a game where the player controls a (human) character who has wings and can take to the sky at will.

I will try and make the game as fun on the ground as in the air. Giving the player a choice of wether to fly high in the sky or just hover above ground or walk.

Hmmm. Well, you have to decide how everything works.

One question that I would have is:

What is the relationship between the three sections, the under-ground, the low-altitude section, and the flying section? Of course (in my opinion) this would be determined by the goal of the level/game.

You could have each section inter-linked, the player could do something in one section, which would help the player in another section. Different obstacles might be easier to deal with on the ground than in the sky, and vice-versa.

Ie. There is an ground to air-cannon (or a cute-furry creature with a sling-shot ). This is easier to destroy by attacking it from the ground level, although it is also possible to bomb it from above (by dropping eggs).
That sounds like a Dizzy game... which is a good thing. :-)
"It tastes like burning..."
ok, I want to show everyone what Im talking about so im going to put something together as quickly as posible. I will make a 2d demo where a I woman with wings (envision an angel or Avariel-if you play D&D) will be standing and take to the air with a push of a button. Then she will land and start walking and then run.
once at full speed she will jump in the air and take off with more speed than when she was just standing. All the while her wings will move much the way a bird wings do. And i''ll try my best to animate the wings fluidly. no color though (black and white).

I know a good artist who will help. With MFC and Direct Draw i''ll have a little something up in about three four weeks.

-The Heat is On.
I thank you for giving me such inspiration - everyone!
Do you already have an engine that you can use? If not, maybe you could find one on the internet to speed up the prototype''s development. Three weeks is too long-ong-ong... *whine*

"It tastes like burning..."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement