Sign in to follow this  

Texturised Height maps

This topic is 2844 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I m trying to add textures on my height maps but all it returns with is the height map with a brownish color, probably from taken from the picture. I think I m drawing a part of the texture in each triangle. I m using: device.DrawIndexedPrimitives(PrimitiveType.TriangleList, 0, 0, vertices.Length, 0, indices.Length / 3); My shader does: float4 color; color = tex2D(TextureSampler, in.TextureCoords.xy); return color;

Time to start debugging.

Try outputting in.TextureCoords.xy from the shader to see if the UVs at that point are actually correct, and keep outputting values until you find something wrong

Have you set up your vertices in your program with the correct texture coordinates?

They need to be VertexPositionNormalTexture where you set the position, the normal and then the texture coordinates. To have the texture simply scale across each vertex then set each edge of the quad as 0,0 -> 1,1.

This topic is 2844 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.