Sign in to follow this  

best way to draw a rounded rectangle with tiled pattern..

This topic is 2846 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need to draw a rounded rectangle with a striped pattern inside it. My current strategy is to have a circle .gif and stretch it appropriately (as in, stretch the middle part long so the edges retain the original size). Those look like this: http://imgur.com/6Mjwx Now, after drawing that with alpha testing, we'd have a rounded rectanglish shape on the depth buffer. I then would print a square with tiles to cover the whole area and by utilising the depth buffer I can confine the drawn area to the shape inside that rectangle. Does this sound good, or is there a better way? alpha testing is actually a bit slow in the platform I'm developing for (iPhone) so yeah..

You could use multitexturing to achieve this result in a single pass. Simply bind your tiled square as your second texture and use secondary texture coordinates. If you are not using shaders, I believe these will be automatically modulated (i.e. the values are multiplied at range [0, 1]) to produce the result you are loooking for.

This topic is 2846 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.