Sign in to follow this  

MSVCRTD.dll problems

This topic is 2841 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, I am attempting to work through the "Game Programming in C++: Start to Finish" book. The book tells readers to create simple programs that involve using a custom built engine ("Peon"), which is provided on a CD. I have been able to successfully incorporate the engine into a basic program, compile it, and run that program in Release mode (I'm using Visual Studio). When I try to run the program in Debug mode though, I get an error stating that the "MSVCRTD.dll" file cannot be found. As far as I can tell (from researching online), this has something to do with the Peon engine code being compiled on an earlier version of Visual Studio (version 6.0 I believe). However, I am unsure how to go about resolving the issue so that I can run programs that use the Peon engine code in Debug mode. Other details: I'm using Visual Studio 2008 Express. I've installed the "Peon SDK" and set up Visual Studio to link to the /include and /lib folders (as well as another lib folder: Dependencies/lib). I've also copied all the related dll's into my project's Debug and Release folders. Also note, the CD does provide access to the Peon source code if needed. If anyone knows how to resolve this problem, any help would be appreciated. Otherwise, I'm starting to consider just giving up on this book and looker for one with better explanations =P Many Thanks

Solved my own problem.

If anyone's interested, I just opened up the PeonEngine in Visual C++ 2008 and recompiled it to produce a new PeonMain_d.dll. I then copied this dll into my project's directory (instead of the old one), and was able to run it in debug mode with no problems.

This topic is 2841 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.