Sign in to follow this  

Open Source Pipeline People Look Here

This topic is 2842 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm thinking this might go better under the Announcements section, but hopefully everyone is forgiving on the "beginners" channel. I'm volunteer staff for SIEGE (The Southern Interactive Entertainment & Game Expo). www.siegecon.net, which is the trade show for the Georgia Game Developers Association, www.ggda.org. So far it is always the first weekend in October, and 2010 is scheduled Sept 30th through Oct 3rd, in Atlanta, GA. One thing that we have been lacking is speakers well versed in an open source pipeline, if there is such a thing. I would like to at least find people who like to speak about Blender and Python, and have a lot of experience. In Atlanta, we have a plethora of schools teaching game design, animation, programming, etc. What we lack are big game development companies to employ them. Students are also notoriously broke, lacking the resources to buy high end development software. My dream would be to find a team that would be willing to do a full tutorial session using open source software, to teach a complete "conception to completion" pipeline cycle, but I would be happy with individuals who were well versed in specific software like Blender, Gimp, Python scripting for game use, suggestions? This is not my specialty, but I'm thoroughly enjoying exploring the world of independent game development. If people would be willing to spread the word, make suggestions, volunteer, send contact information etc. There is still plenty of time to add this type of session or track (depending on interest and speaker availability) to the Conference. I will be more than happy to send personal contact information to individuals, I'm just not a fan of posting it on public forums. Thank you.

This topic is 2842 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.